Sunday, September 15, 2013

WWE Night of Champions 2013 - Predictions, Discussion, LIVE Results??



Last month, I posted my predictions about Summerslam and blogged the results during the event. Unfortunately, I will be missing the event tonight (I will be at Metlife Stadium watching the Broncos take care of the Giants!), but I am still going to post my predictions. Perhaps I will be able to see the replay later tonight somehow, but if not, I hope you enjoy my predictions either way. Here they are:


Here are the predictions for each match, plus the order in which I believe the matches will take place:

- The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil) vs. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) vs. 3MB (any 2 members: Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, & Jinder Mahal) vs. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) vs. The Real Americans (Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro) [Pre-show] -- Whew.. That's a packed pre-show match. Basically, the winners of the Tag Team Turmoil Match will get a shot at the Tag Team champions during the event. Right away, a few tag teams can be eliminated here: There's no way that Tons of Funk, Real Americans, or 3MB are gonna win.. They haven't been built up in any real way, plus I feel like whoever wins will beat The Shield for the titles tonight. This means that the winning team will most likely be 'faces' (good guys). So, between The Usos and The Prime Time Players.. this is tough.. I'm going to say The Prime Time Players. They're due for a title shot.

- Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler (United States Title) -- I'll just go on the record by saying that Dolph Ziggler is one of my favorites wrestlers of this era. It was extremely gratifying to see him cash in the Money in the Bank briefcase in April and win the World Heavyweight Title. Then after that, he had an unfortunate injury and dropped the belt, and ever since he came back, he's been pushed down to mid-card status. I don't get it, I really don't. He's one of the biggest superstars right now, and it seems like someone on the corporate ladder doesn't like him. Oh well, now that my rant is over, who do I think will win this match? I hope Ziggler wins, and if he does, I would hope that since he's always on TV, that would bring more prestige to the U.S. Title. But, I'm also afraid that if he does win, then that will drive him even further off of TV.. With the way they're burying Ziggler these days, I'm going to say that Ambrose keeps the belt.

- Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Rob Van Dam (World Heavyweight Title) -- I said last month that if Del Rio kept the belt at Summerslam, that he would only keep it until his next defense against a 'face'; Enter RVD. I don't know why RVD is getting a title shot so soon, especially when Ziggler isn't doing anything right now, but I do believe that he will win it. Also, Ricardo Rodriguez will probably help RVD win. By the way, the paring of Rodriguez and Van Dam is so odd..

- AJ Lee (c) vs. Brie Bella vs. Natalya vs. Naomi (Divas Title/Fatal 4 Way Match) -- I love the fact that the Divas are having a title match that includes more than 2 participants. But, I hate the fact that the 3 challengers are from the TV show "Total Divas".. This just tells me that one of them is going to win, because it'll boost the ratings of that show. I will be very surprised if AJ keeps it. So, my prediction for a winner is Natalya. She's had a few wins lately, and she deserves the belt, but I wish it wasn't because of the TV show..

- The Shield (Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins) (c) vs. The Prime Time Players (Tag Team Titles) -- I don't really have anything to say except that The Shield will lose the titles tonight. I'm about 90% sure of it, I don't know why. Plus, with the push that PTP is getting, I just think it's the next logical step.

- CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel & Paul Heyman (Elimination Handicap Match) -- Here's my big problem with this match: This is supposed to be Night of Champions, which means that EVERY title is supposed to be on the line. Axel is the Intercontinental champion, but this match is not for the title.. It's as if WWE is trying to get away with it by saying that every champion just needs to compete, which is a real crappy excuse. But anyway, this is an easy prediction, since Punk lost last month and all: CM Punk will beat Axel, and then finally get his hands on Heyman, beat him, and end this feud (hopefully). On a side note, I really hope that if this is the end of the Punk/Heyman feud, that Punk will set his sights on Triple H's new corporation. It needs to be done.

- Randy Orton (c) vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE Title) -- Plain and simple: Orton will win. I know, it's not what is wanted by most, but it's what will happen. It's too soon for Bryan to get it back. That, and with Triple H and The Shield's expected interference, Bryan doesn't stand a chance. Even though I'm sure Big Show will attempt to interfere and help Bryan, it won't do any good. Other than that, I don't know what else will happen, but again, I believe Randy Orton will successfully defend.

It's a decent card, but with the lack of an Intercontinental Title match (again), that really upsets me. Every title should be defended during this event, that's the whole point. But, my gripes aside, let me know what you think of the predictions. I'll check back later when I get back from the game. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment